Friday, September 11, 2009

Use your passion

A successful home-business mom shares her secrets.

By Kathie Scrimgeour

The 53-year-old with a home-based business lives in Denver with husband Mark, 52, daughter Kyra, 16, and son Cody, 11.

I like to talk about my working life online because I've done it all: I've worked in a mousetrap factory, designed jewelry and been a jet mechanic in the Air Force.

Now I have my own work-from-home business, leading a sales team for Dove Chocolate Discoveries. I'm selling something I have a longtime passion for -- chocolate!

The Web is a great tool, especially when it comes to expanding my customer base. You also can get candid advice online on career-focused forums.

In turn, I try to help fellow moms on these forums take advantage of the positive aspects of a bad economy by finding great bargains or getting their home loans refinanced at a lower interest rate. Good times or bad, nothing lasts forever, so you take advantage of "down" cycles so you'll be in a position to enjoy the better days ahead.

_____________________________________________

Here is the direct LINK to this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment